CUSTOM: Cleat (PVC) with T Head Screw Installation Instructions
Cleat (PVC) with T Head Screw Installation Instructions
Wall Preparation: Assumes drywall conditions Required Installers: 1 Required Tools: Listed below
To Install Artwork: Mounting on Wall
1. Determine placement location and center of the wall with measuring tape. Mark center of wall or location with pencil as a placement guide. In general, most units are centered between existing wall elements or at center on wall. 2. The suggested height to the center of the unit is 62”- 64” above finished floor (AFF).3. Using the pencil mark as you guide for center use the measuring tape and measure from the floor up to 62”- 64” or desired height and make a mark using pencil. Place unit on wall surface at the center of this mark.4. Use pencil to mark the top of frame with a very light pencil line and set art aside.5. Measure distance on the cleat that is attached to unit from the hole placement to the top of the frame or to the bottom of the cleat.6. This is the distance or “drop” from the top of unit to the holes and this is your new point for outward measurements. 7. Using that new mark as a hole placement guide align cleat over that hold and hold level on top and make you mark for holes for the entire cleat. Set cleat aside.
Pro Tip#1: Using a 24” or 48” level can be used to run this distance though your center line and measure both strike points needed for you holes and will ensure that unit is level.
8. Drill 3/16” holes in your wall surface with drill then insert drywall anchors into drilled holes and tap flush with hammer.
Pro Tip#2: If no drill bits are available, then a screwdriver can be used to punch out the hole and minimize drywall dust and clean up.
9. Insert screws using a screwdriver or drill into cleat holes, see picture 1.10. Place unit on wall and gently pull down to make level and fully engage system.11. Check with level. If not quite level, small adjustments can be made by removing the unit from the wall, loosening the wall mounting screws slightly, moving cleat, retighteningthe screws and replacing the unit on the cleat.
To Install Artwork: Attach the T-screw onto the Wall
12. To determine the placement of your T-screw, gently press the bottom edge of the frame against the wall in the middle of the frame. The metal plate behind your frame should have "dimples" on the center of the plate which will leave an impression on the wall.13. Remove picture from wall.14. Drill a ½” hole between the impression marks made on the wall at the and then gently hammer the T-Head plastic anchor provided into the drilled hole until it is flush with the wall surface.15. Start the T-Head screw first by hand and complete using Security Wrench. Align the head to a final horizontal position, per the picture below.16. Mount picture back on wall, see step 10.17. Engage and align bottom mounting plate with T-Head screw so it sets into the mounting plate.18. From the right-hand side, slide the Security Wrench underneath the bottom edge of the picture and engage the slot in the wrench with the top of the T-Head screw and rotate the T-Head screw clockwise one-quarter turn to a vertical position, see picture 2.
Note: Always check wall surface to ensure that there is no existing wall damage. Installation must be done with provided hardware to ensure a safe installation and to retain warranty.
Clean-up and Care:
- Use a dry Microfiber Towel to remove fingerprints on frame.- Use a Magic Eraser or rubbing alcohol (if available) and a microfiber cloth to remove any scuffs and/or marks made to the wall during installation. - Use a handheld vacuum or damp Microfiber Towel if drywall dust is present on the baseboard or floor.
Great American Art
www.greatamericanart.com | 800.314.0434 | email@example.com