CUSTOM: Behavioral Health Strainer Frame Installation Instructions
Behavioral Health Strainer Frame Installation Instructions
Wall Preparation: Assumes drywall conditions
Required Installers: 2
Required Tools: Listed below
To Install Artwork: Strainer Frame
1. Determine placement location and center of the wall with measuring tape. Mark center of wall or location with pencil as a placement guide. In general, most units are centered between existing wall elements or at center on wall.
2. The suggested height to the center of the unit is 62”- 64” above finished floor (AFF).
3. Using the pencil mark as you guide for center use the measuring tape and measure from the floor up to 62”- 64” or desired height and make a mark using pencil. Place unit (item A from picture below) on wall surface at the center of this mark.
4. Use the holes in wooded strainer frame unit (item A from picture) as template to mark holes on wall surface. Installer 1 will hold the unit and the level on the top while installer 2 makes the correct marks.
5. Use pencil to mark each hole and then set aside.
6. Drill 3/8” holes in your wall surface with drill then insert drywall anchors into drilled holes and tap flush with hammer.
Pro Tip#1: If no drill bits are available, then a screwdriver can be used to punch out the hole and minimize drywall dust and clean up.
7. Insert shorter mounting screw and use a screwdriver or drill to drive screws into strainer frame.
Note: For a more secure system toggle bolts can be used in place if screws.
To Install Artwork: Mounting Framed
8. Place outside frame art over strainer frame so it fits flush against the wall (item B from picture below).
9. Insert longer mounting screw and use a screwdriver or drill to drive screws into strainer frame.
Note: Screws hole are deeply countersunk in our complex version and wooden plugs are provided to cap countersunk holes. A bead of silicone can also be applied around frame to add another level of security in high risk areas.
Note: Always check wall surface to ensure that there is no existing wall damage. Installation must be done with provided hardware to ensure a safe installation and to retain warranty.
Clean-up and Care:
- Use a dry Microfiber Towel to remove fingerprints.
- Use a Magic Eraser or rubbing alcohol (if available) and a microfiber cloth to remove any scuffs and/or marks made to the wall during installation.
- Use a handheld vacuum or damp Microfiber Towel if drywall dust is present on the baseboard or floor.Great American Art
Great American Art
www.greatamericanart.com | 800.314.0434 | firstname.lastname@example.org