CUSTOM: VHB and Silicone Installation Instructions
VHB and Silicone Installation Instructions
Wall Preparation: Assumes drywall conditions
Required Installers: 1
Required Tools: Listed below
To Install Artwork:
1. Determine placement location and center of the wall with measuring tape. Mark center of wall or location with pencil as a placement guide. In general, most units are centered between existing wall elements or at center on wall.
2. The suggested height to the center of the unit is 62”- 64” above finished floor (AFF).
3. Using the pencil mark as you guide for center use the measuring tape and measure from the floor up to 62”- 64” or desired height and make a mark using pencil. Place unit on wall surface with VHB tape facing outwards towards you at the center of this mark.
4. Use the substrate as a template to mark location on wall surface with the level on the top as a guide.
5. Place unit on wall and firmly press against the wall and hold for 30 seconds.
Note: Silicone and/or construction adhesive can additionally be applied prior to driving in mounting screws to add another level to security that may be needed in high risk areas.
Note 1: Always check wall surface to ensure that there is no existing wall damage. Installation must be done with provided hardware to ensure a safe installation and to retain warranty.
Note 2: The max size that can be hung with VHB and Silicone is 20”x30” or “30”x20”. The only exception on items larger than this is if the substrate interlocks with another item and that hardware system is distributed to offset the weight capacity.
Clean-up and Care:
- Use a Magic Eraser or rubbing alcohol (if available) and a microfiber cloth to remove any scuffs and/or marks made to the wall during installation.
Great American Art
www.greatamericanart.com | 800.314.0434 | firstname.lastname@example.org